The University of Lagos was established by an act of the Federal Parliament in April 1962 . Fifty -five years after , the University continues to fulfill the vision of the founders of this great Institution .
It is common practice in institutions of higher learning to have an anthem depicting their mission and vision as well as core values . The Management of the University of Lagos hereby invites gifted and competent members of the University community ( students and staff) and alumni to submit suitable lyrics – with or without music – from which the best will be selected to become a worthy anthem for the University .
The anthem should:
1. Not be more than three stanzas ;
2. Reflect creatively the mission , vision and core values of the University ;
3. Depict the status of the University as “the University of First Choice and the Nation’s Pride ”;
4. Resonate its slogan of “Great Akokites”;
5. Crystallize the philosophy of the University of Lagos ;
6. Be free of any religious traces or overtones either in sound or meaning ; and
If by music, the rendition should be artistically appealing and backed up with appropriate rhythm and orchestration.
Submission of Entry:
The entry should be sent to:
e -mail : email@example.com
Secretary, Unilag Anthem Committee,
Registrar’ s Office, 5 TH Floor, Senate House ,
University of Lagos, Akoka , Lagos.
Rewards : Winning entries will attract handsome cash rewards.
Closing Date : All entries should be received on or before Friday, April 7 , 2017.
My Pain I remember very clearly, Tears trickling down my face, The tears, coming from the damage you caused, I ask myself, "Will I...
Are you a fresher in Unilag in the Faculty of Science or Education? Here are tips on how to get at least 4.5/5.0 at the end of the semesterDear year 1 faculty of science and education students! I am Hammed Olawale Catalyst a year 3 mathematics and statistics student, a seasone...
Are you a fresher in Unilag? Are you a great Akokite? Do you rep #TeamUnilag It's here again....the Unilag Fresher Party in collaborati...
1. Customer care agents: This category of people will keep on receiving calls from the time they came to class till they sleep off. If you ...